Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Faith and Hope

You give me hope,
I pray
For miracles to play
A role in my life
Hoping for the unpredictable to happen.

               Time passes
               I pray and pray
              Till reality make holes,
              stick fingers into my dreams
              giving me a sterile pain.

               Hope strengthens me
               I live in utopia
               Put faith on my hope
              Drizella and Anastasia
              Fool around me
              Make merry, dance and laugh
              And I, naïve
             Snow White trust them.

 Still i pray harder
Put all my faith on hope
Giving strength to the wicked sisters
I depend upon them
So does the world
To hope is the only hope
or the world would go askew

                           These  misnomers,
                          Juggle with our lives,
                          shove us off and leave behind
                          Shattering all
                          Making the reality realize
                         The bitterness that bites.

They are dearer
but once the curtain is down
They nudge us
Shaking us, sucking us, snatching away the ground
On which we have stood for ages
Leaving behind the frail humanity to salvage.

                                               To still hope and have faith
                                               find a new silver lining
                                              A ray of hope
                                              colours, brightness and warmth
                                              which may relieve us of our qualms
                                              Still giving us hope for hoping the unsurpassed.
            
   

No comments:

Post a Comment