Want to break the vicious cycle,
Stop wearing masks and faces
that lie.
Break off the shackles
that bind.
Walk nude, pure, unaffected
I don’t know why?
I can’t engrave in time and hide,
And mind my mind.
Or bury them, write them off
in the crushing waves of undulated sea.
I have to break open the jar
Put the caterpillar free
Break open the cage set the bird free
I hate being cocooned or chained.
I want to have a choice
I have a mind of my own that follows no rhythm n rhyme
Let me bring out the other in me and
have what is only mine.
Let the world beseech me
You can tame me but not my thoughts
Don’t strap me in time and chores
I am a butterfly,
Can’t take my colours away.
Will think like a man and dress like a woman
Be gay, lesbian or eunuch or may be wilder than I
play the role I want.
Will eat a snake, lizard and grass
I am what I am
So let me break the glass
to follow the bohemian path.
Let me open the box
Find treasures and pleasures hidden so old
Come on let me be bold
Bold enough to break the invisible chains.
Oh! women let us change
For once and all
I am calling out
This is the last call.
God!!! dats amazing !! long back i was readiong Lawrence once and he wrote something of this kind -- setting oneself free n i had tears in my eyes ...i have dreamed 2 b liberated ... and u just put dat in words .. dis one surely is my favourite . Nice poetry is coming from you . Lets break the vicious circle and be FREE!!!
ReplyDeletethanx a lot dear....people like u inspire me to write
ReplyDeleteA very bold creation indeed !
ReplyDeletePoetry is not that bad after all !!!
thanx dear...i am flattered ...especially when its coming from you...
ReplyDelete